SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 28, 2014

What's In MY Hospital Bag{s}


Josiah was an induced birth but when I went to the hospital, I had no idea what to bring. So I didn't really bring anything. LOL If I left something at home (like my charger) I had someone run home and get it for me. I came in clothes that I left in and if I needed something, like food, I had someone go get it for me. This time I want to make it as easy for and them as possible! Another reason is because I am delivering in another city. It's about 30 minutes away, NOT including if there is traffic in the tunnel.




I searched the internet and found a million and one things. BOY I SHOULD NOT have done that! Let's talk about over whelming! I know there are the obvious things to bring and not bring, but these lists sure where looking like things I needed to have with me! 

I will try to have this back packed before I am 37 weeks (which is today!) so if I did think of anything random later on, I could definitely pack it in there. I'm hoping not to take the whole house though I can't promise anything!

Before even starting this list, I did call the hospital and ask if they had a list. They had a very short list of the obvious main things, important information, socks robe, blah blah... I know last time they provided me with things, I just want to be sure that they will this time too. I have been to the Hospital for the labor and Delivery Tour. But I forgot everything LOL 


Of course I got my bags from my 31 business ; I couldn't wait to share them! I'm basically going to break down what I put in each bag. Are you ready?! 

The Retro Metro Weekender - 
FOLDER WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION//  A picture ID (driver's license or other ID for each person in the room), your insurance card, and any hospital paperwork you need, & your birth plan, if you have one. (I do not as of right now)

TOILETRIES//  because you'll still need to brush your teeth ;) deodorant, soap, brush, lip balm, itWorks Stretch mark cream =) Everything travel size is perfect! (courtesy of my hotel... hahaha) 

PADS//  Usually the hospital will give you what you need. But every hospital is different. I'll pack these as a just in case. I'm going to need a few for the trip home, anything can happen!

HAIR TIES/BOBBY PINS!!!//  I swear when I'm in need, I can never find them. I bought a pack just for this trip!

EYEGLASSES//  if you wear them. Even if you usually wear contact lenses, those could be a hassle while you're in the hospital.

CLOTHES//  Socks, tennis shoes, & flip flops. I am also bring a robe and slipper. Underwear that you don't mind getting messed up. Jacket and hat and scarf. Everything is the same for him, since he will be staying with you!


NURSING SUPPLIES//  That includes the nipple shield, nursing cover and breast pads. I will keep my breast pump in the car, but she will be latching every time I see her ;) Also I will be wear Tank tops, to nurse her. I didn't spend money on a nursing bra for my son, I won't do it for her either. The shirts worked just fine!!!. And the biggest thing the Boppy pillow.


Mini Zipper Pouch -




MAKE-UP BAG//  I don't usually wear too much make-up anyways but I'll be sure to have right next to me. =)

The Metro Retro Rolling Weekender - 



PILLOWS AND BLANKETS// I want to be comfy and so does the person staying with me! 

CAMERA// with batteriescharger, and memory card.  As well as phones, laptop and all according chargers! Last time we were pretty bored in our down-time. This should eliminate that problem. ^_^

This bag will also include his clothes. Since it will be easy to get to.

Lunch Break Thermal -


CASH & SNACKS// I'm going to want something to eat. So will Joe, but when he isn't going to run out and get me something every time... I will have my Lunch break Thermal and some cash to save me! Obviously I can't pack col items in here two weeks out, but I will try to remember to put my freezer pops and other things like that to make my labor easier....for every one hahaha   ;)

JOSIAH'S BIG BROTHER BAG -

Although Josiah, won't be able to stay with me in the room during the night. He may be able to stay in a hotel above the hospital, if my mother can take off work, which I'm sure she can and WILL lol

PICTURES// I heard having photos of your other children so that when they visit you and the baby, they will see that you haven't forgotten them. This should be a nice gesture.

GIFTS FOR BOTH KIDS// I am planning on having Josiah make baby girl a teddy bear and also have a gift from her to him. I think this will be very special and I can't wait to see his face.


HIS BIG BROTHER BAG// Will consist of... 


Baby Girl's Diaper Bag -


For accidents that may happen on the way home, I will be sure to pack little ones diaper bag accordingly. I got this beauty from my Baby Sprinkle from my Best friend Lindsey! I told everyone I had more then enough diaper bags, but who am I kidding?! You can never have enough bags



  • The Car Seat 
  • Diapers - Since I'm still on the fence about diapers and cloth diapers I am bringing both! 
  • 2 sleepers / 2 outfits and 1 going home outfit - I will be sure to have newborn and 0-3 months because you never know how big or small she will be! 
  • Blankets - Blankets!! since it'll be real cold outside
  • A Bib
  • Burp Clothes
  • A Pacifier 
  • Swaddle blanket
  • Socks, Hat and Gloves; since it's cold outside!
The only thing I packed for Josiah was the going home outfit. That's because most of the time, hospitals give you everything you need. During the cold months they give your baby hats and receiving blankets. They usually provide enough newborn diapers for the three days you stay. And they also give you a few shirts for the baby. 

I've had a little help with all these other pregnant blogger mommies that I love to read each week, by the way!! 

What did you pack in your bag? Did you have more then one, like me?!


Keep up with me & Let me know your here!
FACEBOOK \\// TWITTER \\// INSTAGRAM \\ BLOGLOVIN // GFC