SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

DIY Slime




We've been stuck in the house for a whole week because of snow! So I decided to make this slime that I had planned on making a few weeks back. I'm so glad to get Josiah off the game and finally doing some activities! I'm also glad he enjoyed it. 



What you'll need;
1 Tbsp Borax
4 oz White Glue
Food Coloring
Water
Mixing bowl and/or paper plates
Measuring cup


In a bowl add 1 Tbsp of Borax powder to 1 cup of water and stir. 


I had Josiah do this while I emptied the glue on a paper plate. 

After emptying the glue on the paper plate (or a mixing bowl) mix the 4 ounces of glue with 4 ounces of water. Stir until smooth. I was told to add food coloring so I added three drops of green. It gave a light tint but not enough to damage the rest of the colors at the end. 



In the process of the measuring the next step we added a few drops of food coloring to one of the mixtures. I also cleaned out the measuring cup for each color.


On another paper plate (or mixing bowl) add 1/4 cup of the borax mixture with 1/4 cup of the glue mixture. 



Just stir the mixture around and it should instantly form. Let the mixture sit for about 2 minutes, then pour any excess liquid has separated out into the sink.... Then it is ready to go! 

Make additional batches with other colors. You should have enough to make 3 small batches (for 3 different colors)

Store in ziploc bags in the fridge.